Driving the exploration and support of innovative ideas and technologies
Zone Startups offers partnership opportunities for companies looking to delve into and embrace innovation, new technology, and the cultivation of advancements in the industrial internet.
Through a partnership with GE, Zone Startups Calgary helps early stage technology companies grow by tapping into GE’s expansive network and leveraging startup accelerator programming that has been successful in Toronto and Mumbai.
Working out of the GE Customer Innovation Centre, startups can connect with a network that includes potential customers, mentors, investors and tier one founders focused on the industrial Internet and energy-related sectors.
TELUS has a long history in Alberta of fostering innovation, building on that legacy through its partnership with Zone Startups Calgary to support the development of next-generation technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT) devices and big data applications.
TELUS works closely with Zone Startups Calgary and GE Canada to provide participating startups with increased market access for expedited technical and commercial validation, visibility into new business opportunities, as well as increased access to subject matter experts and mentors.
Catalyst | EnergyNow.ca | Frontier Solutions | MLT Aikins LLP | TSGI Corporation
The National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program and Alberta Innovates
For companies looking to create accelerator programs, a partnership with Zone Startups drives the:
- Development of customized programs focused on specific verticals or technologies that provide startups with strategic and tactical guidance.
- Creation of opportunities for strategic partnerships, pilots, collaboration, and business development with startups.
- Connections with high-potential startups working on innovative and disruptive technologies and ideas.
A consulting practice that lets companies embrace a new approach to innovation and entrepreneurship.
- IDEATION: Brainstorm and generate ideas in an entrepreneurial setting that inspire action and gain insight from people working on innovative technologies.
- VALIDATION: Turn ideas and concepts into reality by identifying the best or most relevant technologies to capitalize on opportunities or solve problems.
- BUILD: Jump-start strategic and tactical initiatives by developing and launching new technology solutions and products.
Early visibility into disruptive technology
See what’s emerging and coming over the horizon to identify opportunities and ideas.
- Discover and explore new and disruptive approaches and technologies that could improve or transform your business.
- Early access to startups developing products or solutions with the potential to change how businesses operate.
- Increase your innovation capacity by accessing external resources, including UI, UX, development, market research, and more.